Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Any Requests???

As your (self-appointed) blogger, I admit that my memories of our high school years aren't as vivid as some others among us. Some of us (and by some I mean a girl with the initials L.L.) have amazingly, almost total recall of the pre-1969 years. Honestly, you know who you are ... and your memory is impressive.

Anyway, I digress. I can remember a few noteworthy songs from our high school years. Light My Fire by The Doors, because some of us thought it was so funny to say "light my fire" in a really Southern twang. Stop (in the name of love) by the Supremes, because it was sooo much fun to sing "Stop!" and stick out your hand like Miss Diana Ross, then proceed to finish the routine just like the rest of the Supremes (or at least we thought we were just like them ... who were we kidding?).

I've included a few anthems of the era, like "Satisfaction" and "Mercedes Benz." I haven't intentionally left out the Beatles, their music catalogue just isn't available online for free. Oh, sure, I've probably left out the most important song of all ... but somebody will have to tell me what it was. Maybe "Lara's Theme" from Dr. Zhivago ... who knows? Email me, or leave a comment on the blog. I'll add whatever you like, honest!

NOTE: if this music is really bugging you, TURN IT OFF! Just click on the double vertical lines in the circle at the top left of the player. To re-start, click on the arrow in the same location. I know you already know how to do it ... I'm just sayin'. You can click on any song you want to hear.

In case you're questioning my inclusion of the Andy Williams classic, I think "Moon River" was our class song. I apologize for not remembering. Could someone give me a clue? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks to Didi Boyd Hager ... now we know the real class song .... ta da! Drum roll, please ...

I think the class song was "Born Free"; however, it should have been "Moon River"! Who remembers being "mooned" on the way to an out of town football game? HINT:
If you were a "Tigerette" you might remember! AND, the GRAND PRIZE goes to the person who can remember who did the "mooning"! HINT: he went to MHS!!!
Didi

February 20, 2009 12:54 PM

Thanks, Didi! But now I can't delete Moon River ... the memories!

*** See what you're missing if you don't add your own comments (or read them)! You'd think I would remember a mooning incident, wouldn't you? It must not have been a very memorable "bumper," huh? And Didi even remembers who it was .... I wonder when she'll tell us? Soon, I hope, maybe we can invite him to our reunion ... we might like to see a replay!

WHO WAS IT ???? Now I'm on pins and needles!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the class song was "Born Free"; however, it should have been "Moon River"! Who remembers being "mooned" on the way to an out of town football game? HINT:
If you were a "Tigerette" you might remember! AND, the GRAND PRIZE goes to the person who can remember who did the "mooning"! HINT: he went to MHS!!!
Didi

Anonymous said...

The class song is Born Free. Born Free was the theme song for a movie about Lions. I could not understand the logic in having a song about Lions as the class song for a bunch of Tigers. Is it just me? Willie Tresca (RIP)nominated The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from Eastwood's movie of the same name. That song got about 5 votes. Only because Tresca stuffed the ballot box. I nominated Get Together by the Youngbloods. A song that gets a lot of play on the oldies channels still today. With all due respect to Moon River. Get Together was the best choice. Does anyone ever hear Born Free on the radio?
Walt Elliott